Clinicians and biomedical researchers are facing an enormous challenge of continuously increasing amount of information available. The scientific community is generating new information of diseases in accelerating speed and different measurement technologies produce huge amounts of data from patients. Objective, systematic and usable tools for managing all this available information are desperately needed. This work package develops models (and related methods and tools) for beating this challenge by integrating measurements from biological, clinical and environmental domains. The models have as primary focus to support research into understanding the normal ageing brain and patterns in neurodegenerative disease, and early and differential diagnosis of neurodegenerative disease.
- To provide population statistics of brain morphology, connectivity and vascular brain pathologies in normal ageing and neurodegeneration, and as function of environmental factors.
- To construct a 4D spatio-temporal atlas of brain morphology and brain connectivity in normal ageing and in different neurodegenerative diseases, for understanding and for allowing earlier differential diagnostics of neurodegenerative disease.
- To develop and evaluate extended and personalised risk-scores to be used in early differential diagnosis of neurodegenerative disease.- To develop connectivity models of biological, medical and environmental data from large patient cohorts.
- Multifactorial imaging of the brain in normal ageing and neurodegenerative disease
- Normal ageing brain models
- Patterns of neurodegeneration
- 4D spatiotemporal atlases of the brain in normal ageing and neurodegenerative disease
- 4D spatiotemporal modelling of the ageing brain
- Methods to compare brain scans of an individual subject to an atlas
- Tool for comparing an individual to reference models
- Differential diagnostics of dementias using multi-source biomarkers
- Risk-scoring of dementias
- Characterisation of neurological disorders using personalised disease state fingerprints
- Evaluation of diagnostic accuracy
- Connectivity modelling of biological, medical and environmental data
- Methods for connectivity modelling using biomarkers
- Tool for connectivity modelling